We’re all about making Quizzle the best it can be! With a recent boost in Quizzle users and some exciting changes to the site, it is important that basic parts of Quizzle aren’t being overlooked.
I wanted to take some time to answer a few of the frequently asked questions directly from YOU, the Quizzle user.
1. Does getting my information from Quizzle take points away from my credit score? Does it affect it at all?
Getting your free credit report and score in Quizzle does not take away any points from your credit score or hurt it in any way. We do a “soft inquiry,” so it may show up under “inquiries” on your report. This is just so you can keep a record of every time it was pulled, but it doesn’t affect your credit at all.
2. How often is the information updated on my account?
Here at Quizzle we’ll give you a new free credit report and new free credit score every six months. However, your credit card companies and lenders update your information typically on a monthly basis. So if you would like a credit report and score before your 6 month time period, you can purchase one for just $7.
Your home value estimate and the homes sold in your area are updated daily. Your mortgage review is also updated daily based on the changes you make to your profile. The neighborhood demographic data is updated on a quarterly basis. And the information in your budget tool is updated according to your credit report or according to the updates you make yourself.
3. The details on my home are not all correct. How do I fix this so that I get an accurate home value?
Currently, there is no way to change your home details, such as square footage or number of bedrooms, in your Quizzle profile. If you’ve recently had your house appraised, you can update the value of your home, but that change will only be reflected inside Quizzle. We will then use the inputted value to calculate the equity of your home and make more accurate mortgage recommendations.
We will be adding functionality soon so that you can manually update the other information about your home in Quizzle too. We definitely want to make sure you get credit for your correct home information!
4. I received my credit report, but I was trying to get a credit report for my husband. We have the same e-mail address, so how can I receive his credit report?
Quizzle uses your e-mail address as an individual username for a single account. Therefore, because you registered for Quizzle, you can view YOUR credit score and include your spouse’s income to the Budget section, but you cannot access your spouse’s credit report.
If he wants to view his own credit report, he would have to register separately under a different e-mail address.
5. How can I dispute items on my credit report?
- Log into your Quizzle account.
- Click on the Credit tab to access your credit report.
- Click the orange button that says “Dispute this information with Experian.”
- Fill out the Experian form to file this dispute with the credit bureau.
- Experian will follow up with you to let you know when your dispute has been resolved.
You can dispute as many items as you’d like on your credit report. Everything from an incorrect date of birth to inaccurate listings of your employer can be disputed. However, if there is something you’d like removed from your credit report, you need to contact Experian directly. Quizzle can’t add or delete items from your credit report.
Did you learn something about Quizzle you didn’t already know? Do you still have questions you’d like answered? Let me know!