Yahoo! Finance’s Financially Fit points out that a new book provides you with the information you need to make the most of your spending decisions. The book is called Buy Shoes on Wednesday and Tweet at 4:00: More of Times to Buy This, Do That and Go There by Mark Di Vincenzo.
It’s a book that takes a look at how timing your purchases can help you get more for your money. With the right approach, the savings can really add up over time.
[Check Your Credit: Don’t Guess. Know.® Get your free credit report and score. No credit card required.
Some of the ways that Financially Fit reports you can save money include:
- Buy shoes on Wednesday, and save 40% off the regular retail price.
- Get a haircut on Tuesday to see better service, rather than scheduling on a busy day when your haircut might not be as attractive.
- Sign up for the gym during the summer. After the resolution crowd has left, you can get an even more attractive deal.
- Go car shopping at the end of the month, when dealers are more willing to deal to meet a quota. Financially Fit also reports that the book suggests leasing in September, when the newer models are rolling out.
- House hunting is best done in winter. This even works when you are looking for a rental, instead of a potential purchase.
When you pay attention to timing, whether it’s when the case lot sale at your grocery store is most likely to happen, to when you should buy life insurance (before your next birthday), you can more bang for your buck.